Maximise Shared Value and Social Licence Post 2014
Back for the 5th year, The Responsible Extractives Summit is the world’s leading meeting place for senior executives looking to put sustainability at the heart of their business operations
- Maximise Shared Value: Achieve greater collaboration with host governments to aid development and secure political stability
- Mitigate Human Rights Impacts: Overcome the challenges to removing human rights risks from your security, supply chain and business practice
- Optimise your Social Risk Management Strategy: Hear the latest approaches companies are using to build trust with communities and minimise risk of social disturbance to operations
- Mitigate Water Risk to Operational Continuity: Learn the latest strategies to manage competing interests for water through best practice stkaeholder engagement
- Ensure Financial Viability through Sustainability: Understand Investor, Lender and Insurer needs to make your company a low-risk venture, long-term investment and viable business partner
Our Most Prestigious Speaker Line-Up:
|The Rt. Hon. Clare Short
Chair of the Board
Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative
Chief Executive Officer
- Development the Capacity of Host Communities: Hear about the most innovative, long-term and sustainable social investment projects that are being undertaken in the industry, and how you can leverage your core business operations to foster local economic growth and social development
- Make a Net-Positive Impact on Biodiversity: Understand how companies can create a net-positive impact on the environments
- Integrate Operational Management and Social Responsibility: Learn the techniques that companies are using the fuse the very essence of sustainability into their operational management and business model
Other senior executives speaking include:
- Blackrock, Amra Balic, Managing Director, Global Head of Governance and Responsible Investment
- Chevron, Dennis Fleming, Project Director of Niger Delta Partnership Initiative
- Bechtel, Tam Robert Nyujen, Global Head of Sustainability
- J.P. Morgan, Paul O'Connor, Executive Director, Global Environmental and Social Risk Management
- Gold Fields, Naseem Chohan, Senior Vice President – Sustainable Development
- Munich RE, Astrid Zwick, Head of Corporate Responsibility
This event brings together over 150 senior executives working in sustainability, external affairs, CSR and environment from leading extractive multinationals companies; along with the key government, civil society and association representatives this is the only place you need to be in order to witness the upward progress of the industry and learn how to be part of it
An unrivalled speaker line-up:
Global Head of External Affairs
Group Head of Social Performance
SVP Sustainability and External Affairs
International Council on Mining and Metals
Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility
Professor Witold Henisz
author of “Corporate Diplomacy”
Group Head of External Affairs
Global Vice President for Social Impact
Human rights Legal Counsel
SVP, Sustainable Development
Barrick Gold Corporation
VP Asset Protection and Crisis Management
VP Sustainability - Strategy and Policy
Three key reasons why you cannot afford to miss the #RES2014:
- 14 cutting-edge industry sessions: Independently researched and structured sessions built around the key issues and opportunities you currently face
- 200+ executive attendees: Meet face-to-face, share lessons-learnt and do business with your peers
- Exclusive networking opportunities: Leverage this platform to increase awareness and build the essential network to move your sustainability effort forward
What do people say about this Summit?
An Inspirational event that has put our work in context and provided new insights for moving our efforts forward
Anders Arvidsson, Vice President Strategy and Systems, Continental Africa, Anglo Gold Ashanti
Excellent conference packed with high quality content and delivered by some great communicators
Nigel Stephanson, General Manager, Sustainet
This will be the most worthwhile two days you spend out of the office all year!
- Future-Proof your Sustainability and Social Risk Practices: after hundreds of hours of research this agenda hits on the most pertinent and pressing issues that are facing global extractive companies, their partners and communities
- Cross-Sector Learning: This event brings together the best practitioners from oil, gas AND mining, to facilitate transfer of best practice and knowledge from two global industr
- Exclusive Networking Opportunities: Leverage this platform to increase awareness and build the essential network to move your sustainability effort forward
- Fully Participatory Experience: This isn’t just another conference, we have ensured that this event is devoted to dialogue and for you to be part of the discussion and debate to make sure that you get your questions answered
Want to see how an Ethical Corporation conference works?
The Ethical Corporation Difference
We know there are lots of conferences for you to choose from.
We're the best. And we've got proof.
Find out more here!
What have people said about this summit?
My greatest regret is that I wasn't able to stay through the entire conference. The discussions were good, with many gems of information to take away. There was a good balance of industry work and NGO contributions, and I felt that most of the participants were willing to listen and learn versus advocating their positions.
Libby Cheney, VP Corporate EHS & SR, Hess
Thank you for a really interesting conference - I really enjoyed it!
Katie Heller, Social Development Specialist - Oil, Gas, and Mining, The World Bank
t: +44 (0) 20 7375 7527