Maximise efficency and engagement through sustainability reporting and communications
- Prepare for G4 implementation or understand integrated reporting in more detail (understand standards and frameworks)
- Develop fresh ways of engaging stakeholders to discover their most significant issues
- Understand big data and metrics for setting KPI’s that are most material to the business
- Discover innovative ways to communicate your sustainability performance
- Learn how to use sustainability reporting to enhance employee engagement & gain internal buy in for sustainability
- Use materiality and metrics to align your strategy with performance
7:30-9:00am REGISTRATION, EXHIBITION & WELCOME COFFEE
9:00am-9:15am Opening remarks and interactive voting session
- Which communication channels are you currently using?
- What are the biggest innovations that will change the way we approach, measure and communicate sustainability activities?
- What are the future trends/challenges/opportunities for the next 15 years?
9:15am-10:15am Innovative stakeholder engagement that deepens your understanding of the issues that will impact you and your stakeholders
Deepen your understanding of your stakeholders and their most material sustainability issues that need to be communicated.
- Learn innovative ways to engage your stakeholder to get a holistic overview on issues
- Discover different formats and questioning techniques to get the whole story from your stakeholders
- Uncover the most effective way to engage internal stakeholders
Head of Sustainable Business
Marks and Spencer
Sustainable Development and Communications Director
10:15am-11:30am Stakeholder Panel Session 1: Investor roundtables
With socially responsible investment accounting for $3.74 trillion in assets and ESG playing a vital role in mainstream investment, understand how your report is interpreted to increase your access to capital.
- Use the report to identify horizon risk issues to reflect the true value of your company
- Hear what information investors are looking for so that you can put the right information in their hands
- Drive business value through your report by using it as a tool to access capital
Head of Sustainable Banking
Head of ESG
11:30-11:50am EXHIBITION & NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
11:50am-12:30pm Stakeholder Panel Session 2: Multi-stakeholder panels
Join this open and honest discussion between you and key stakeholders for corporate social responsibility. This is your opportunity to hear how different stakeholders interpret your CR Report.
- Uncover how to present the right information to your internal and external stakeholders
- Find out truthfully which issues are most important to internal board members to help you gain buy-in from colleagues
Head of Engineering and Energy
Senior Analyst and Engagement Officer
The Search Party
12:30pm-1:00pm Get more people to understand your sustainability efforts by creating rich content that engages, informs and delivers
The use of images, infographics and videos is vital to engage a wider audience and provide easily digestible facts in a world where so much information is readily available.
- Learn how to engage many more stakeholders by creating rich content that can be used in multiple ways throughout the year
- Widen your communications strategy to include all employees and stakeholders that wouldn’t read lengthy reports
- Share processes used to decide which content is best suited for bite-sized messages and discover how to maximise views
Head of Sustainability
Cofely UK - GDF Suez Group
1:00-2:00pm EXHIBITION & NETWORKING LUNCH BREAK
2:00pm-2:45pm Create a continuous dialogue in your reporting processes
The reporting process is cyclical in nature and provides a snapshot at one point in time. This session aims to reduce the time spent on reporting by sharing cutting edge ways of creating continuous relevant updates on your sustainability activities
- Navigate the complexities of moving from a standalone report to quarterly updates
- Understand the impact this has on the timely collection of data and how to address the challenges and opportunities
- Break down your workload into smaller chunks to increase agility in your communications and keep stakeholders continually engaged.
Group Head of Sustainability
Global Head of Corporate Responsibility
Novartis International AG
Head of SHE reporting and Data
2:45pm-3:30pm Create year-round communications by incorporating social media into sustainability communications
Master the art of creating a transparent conversation with your stakeholders that increases engagement around sustainability efforts without the accusation of Green washing.
- Enhance your sustainability credentials by creating useful content and enticing subjects that your stakeholders will want to read
- Enhance engagement through creative & goal driven social media campaignsTake the pressure off your yearly reporting cycle by delivering consistent messages through your social media channels.
Head of Corporate Responsibility
3:30-3:50pm EXHIBITION & NETWORKING BREAK
3:50pm-5:00pm Discover novel ways of recording sustainability activities within your supply chain
- Prevent supplier-initiated reputational damage through better monitoring of social performance within your supply chain
- Use data sets to enhance efficiency within your sphere of influence and reduce the environmental footprint of your company's activities
- Learn how to gather information from your suppliers to celebrate sustainability accomplishments within your supply chain
Director of Sustainability
BAM Construct UK
Global Programs Lead, HP Living Progress Strategy
External Relations Manager
5:00pm-6:00pm The Reporting X-Factor (It’s Back!)
Are you ready to benchmark your report against your peers? - The Reporting X-Factor is back by popular demand. Successful applicants will be given the chance to present and defend their report
- Benchmark your report against industry leaders
- Understand the reporting process and share best practice
- Have your questions answered and cast your vote for the best report
Want peer feedback on your own report? To be in the shortlist, please email your report to firstname.lastname@example.org
6:00pm-7:00pm EXHIBITION & NETWORKING DRINKS RECEPTION
8:00-9:00 REGISTRATION, EXHIBITION & WELCOME COFFEE
9:00am-9:15am The future of reporting and communications - interactive voting
- How far along are you in your reporting journey?
- Which reporting framework are you using?
9:15am-10:00am Move towards an Integrated Reporting approach <IR>
Is integrating sustainability reports into Financial Reporting the best way to drive value to your business?
- Understand the benefits that can be gained from integrated reporting
- Maximise value from an integrated report and overcome challenges with case studies from the game-changers
- Ensure sustainability information doesn’t get lost through the reporting process and that the right information is easily digested by your stakeholders
Assistant Head of Corporate Responsibility
The Crown Estate
Head of Reporting
10:00am-10:45am Get to grips with GRI G4
To report to the GRI standards, all companies in 2016 will need to follow the G4 guidelines for their sustainability report. This session is designed to help you master materiality and understand the future of reporting.
- Use the reporting process to maximise shared value by aligning your strategy with the core needs of your business and stakeholders
- Look into the future trends of reporting, understand how your role will evolve and gain competitive advantage by staying ahead of the curve.
- Discuss what the future of reporting is going to look like 10 years from now for effective long term growth
10.45am-11.30am Use The UN Guiding Principles Human Rights reporting framework to condense your reporting time no matter what framework you follow
Discover how to effectively use The Human Rights Reporting Framework to collate your human rights reporting in an easily followed framework
- Learn how to deliver a human rights report that aligns your Human Rights Strategy with The UN Guiding Principles
- Discover how to satisfy the demands of regulators, investors, government agencies and all stakeholders in the area of human rights
- Ensure that your human rights reporting is aligned with the requirements from Dow Jones Sustainability Index, FTSE, GRI, ICMM, UN Global Compact, Voluntary Principles for Security & Human Rights, OECD and other recognised initiatives.
- Hear about the telecoms sector responded to Freedom, Expression and Privacy to create a new standard for reporting taking a bottom up approach
Global VP for Social Impact
Head of CSR
11.30am-11.50am EXHIBITION & NETWORKING BREAK
11:50am-1:00pm The big debate - An open dialogue on the corporate reporting landscape with IIRC & IASB
Understand the corporate reporting landscape. This session is a dialogue led by you where the focus is on your personal challenges and experiences.
- Decide how to navigate the reporting standards
- Get answers on your personal reporting challenges
- Discover how to achieve the most value from your reporting process
- Learn how to meet the needs of your stakeholders
To submit questions prior to the event, please email email@example.com
Chief Strategy Officer
Head of advisory services, operations
Head of Corporate Responsibility
Walgreens Boots Alliance
1.00pm-2.00pm EXHIBITION & NETWORKING LUNCH BREAK
2:00pm-3:00pm Materiality roundtables - Focused on the biggest issues in your own industry
Share best practice with industry peers in this interactive session that focuses on the most material issues for your industry
- What processes do you use to define which are the most material issues for your business?
- What stakeholder engagement techniques have you used to get genuine balanced feedback from your audiences?
- How can you align material issues with core business strategy?
- How can you best communicate these issues with your stakeholders?
Director of Communications Europe
3:00pm-3:30pm Get the balance right - How to report what’s gone wrong
The notion of transparency can be seen as risky by your colleagues. In this session, hear from companies that have embraced transparency to drive accountability, highlight inefficiencies and gain trust with your stakeholders
- Enhance your brand integrity by telling the whole story about your impacts
- Hear how to report missed opportunities and demonstrate your proactive approach for future sustainability gains
- Drive culture change through internal accountability resulting from a transparent reporting process
Environment & Sustainability Manager
The Guardian News and Media
3.30pm-3.50pm EXHIBITION & NETWORKING BREAK
3:50pm-4:30pm Drive business value through your report
Gain internal buy-in for CSR by using transparent reporting to highlight improvements in risk management practices and create positive change that is relevant to your business
- Discover how to strengthen your brand values through The CR reporting process.
- Improve efficiency through transparent reporting processes
- Learn how to use your report to create a responsible corporate culture throughout your organisation
Chief Officer of Group Corporate Social Responsibility
Head of Sustainability
4:30pm-5:30pm Harness the power of big data in sustainability reporting
Data that is large in terms of volume, variety and velocity is being described as the next industrial revolution as it unlocks power of greater analytics that feed into strategy. This session aims to uncover how to effectively interpret large sets of information and use them to drive sustainable, efficient performance.
- Discuss which indicators provide the right balance of having enough information without spending time focusing on granular data sets
- Grasp how to gather, standardise and manage large sets of sustainability data
- Harness the opportunity for agile communications throughout the year
- Understand how to use data sets to analyse trends and changes
5:30pm-6:15pm Use reporting to develop your core sustainability strategy
CR Reporting is about so much more than just compliance, hear how the role and importance of reporting is evolving.
- Understand the role reporting plays in making CSR a central hub of business achievements for the board and stakeholders
- Learn practical ways to make the reporting process central to the business
- Discuss what KPI’s are most useful and how you can increase employee engagement through your report
Head of SD reporting
Marks and Spencer
Director - Corporate Social Responsibility
Walgreens Boots Alliance
6.15pm-6.30pm Closing remarks and key learning points
Got a question? Get in touch below!
Global Project Director