Updated: 13th March 2020
At Reuters Events, we have been closely monitoring the Covid-19 / Coronavirus outbreak, with the wellbeing of our customers at the forefront of our mind.
Confidence across our attendees remains strong and we are moving ahead with our plans for the event. However, we are exercising caution and taking advice from the relevant authorities, with the health and safety of all participants as our primary concern.
We are introducing the following precautionary measures onsite at our event, in line with WHO and public health authority guidelines:
- Attendees from affected areas (according to WHO guidance), or who believe they may have been exposed to the virus, are asked not to attend the event.
- Current guidance on affected areas includes China, Hong Kong, South Korea and Italy; in these cases, a credit will be given for a future event
- A no-handshake policy will be in place at the event
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all high-volume touchpoints ahead of and during the event, such as catering areas, handrails, WCs, entrances and exits
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for delegates at registration, the information desk and at the entrances to all track rooms
- All exhibitors will be provided with advice on cleaning measures
- A microphone disinfecting protocol will be in place for speakers
- If at any stage during the conference (or afterwards) you feel unwell or concerned that you may have symptoms, please take the following steps:
- Self-isolate; either in your hotel room or at home
- Seek medical attention; information on the nearest healthcare facility (if not onsite) will be provided to attendees
- Contact the Reuters Events organiser directly as a matter of urgency to let us know
- Signage throughout the event, email communication and information on our app will remind attendees of health and hygiene guidelines but if at any stage you are unsure of steps to take please contact the organisers onsite
In addition, we strongly urge our exhibitors and visitors to refer to WHO and public health authorities’ guidelines regarding the virus. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
We will continue to monitor the situation and review this guidance on a daily basis. Please rest assured, the wellbeing of our customers and staff will always be our primary concern, and we will be in contact with delegates with any further updates. If you have any specific event questions, please contact us directly. We look forward to seeing you soon.